Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sorry. My bad.

The Movie: Reno 911!: Miami, directed by Ben Garant
Recommendation: Me!
Reason: I love Reno 911. Yup.

So, Reno 911! was hilarious, as I expected it would be. I'm a pretty big fan of the TV show, and the movie kept the spirit of the show while taking it to a new level. I don't know if I can really provide a review that's objective here, because I really do like the show enough that I feel it might cloud my judgement. But for those who enjoy the improvisational humor Reno has to offer, it was a good movie.

The story of the movie is a little over the top, not unexpected in a comedy like this. The Reno sheriff's department, comprised of short-shorts wearing Dangle, probably-insane Weigle, asleep-at-the-wheel Junior, moderately skanky Clementine, butch Kimball and ethically questionable Garcia and Jones, is put in charge of preventing crime in Miami after an accident. This is about as good an idea as it sounds to those familiar with the series, and the cast really gets into their new environment.

This was a truly entertaining movie, head and shoulders above the other movie I saw on the same night. If the show's your thing, watch the movie, flip off the brain and enjoy yourself.

-135/365 down, 230/365 to go

No comments: