Sunday, June 3, 2007

Yeeeeeeeeeeehaw!

The Movie: The Dukes of Hazzard, directed by Jay Chandrasekhar
Recommendation: Nobody.
Reason: I had to pick a movie, and it was this or The Da Vinci Code. See my previous statements regarding Tom Hanks as to why Dukes won.

I didn't watch Dukes of Hazzard when it was on TV. It's really not my kind of show, never has been, never will be I think. So it wasn't nostalgia that drove me to choose this movie, it's Seann William Scott. That's right, I confess. I have a stupid streak, and it's picked Mr. Dude Where's My Car? as its funnyman. The rest of the cast was...not that interesting, but I was at least entertained by Bo Duke.

The car stunts were excellent, in my humble opinion. At the very least the General Lee's careening around backwoods Georgia was more interesting than 2 Fast 2 Furious. There were some fun looking explosions, a lot of airborne Chargers, and the spectacular crash sequences that were played at the end of the movie made it even more entertaining.

There's no substance to this movie, though. Like, nothing. The characters don't bring any particular subtext, there's nothing more than what's on the screen. I suppose I was happy to see the Broken Lizard guys have another shot at the world of filmmaking.

-125/365 down, 240/365 to go

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's Taking place i'm new to this, I stumbled
upon this I've discovered It positively useful and it has helped me out loads.
I'm hoping to give a contribution & help different customers like its
aided me. Great job.

Here is my site - domain